I was on the run all day yesterday and the only chance I had to do my Five on Friday post (3rd edition) was as I was climbing into bed last night, but I would have had to do it on my iPhone and there was no way that was happening. So I’m changing things up a bit this week. To keep with the alliteration, this week’s edition is Six on Saturday.
Yesterday morning my heart soared with unabashed joy because:
1. It was deliciously chilly and you all know how I feel about fall. It’s the most wonderful time of the year;
2. I wore jeans for the first time in several months and they fit; and
3. My Friday Bible Study Group (aka my Homies) had our first official meeting.
And all that was all before noon!
4. Todd and I met some good friends (and made a couple new ones) at a new-to-us restaurant last night. It was my first experience with Guatemalan food and I am in love. And not just a little in love, but wholeheartedly.
5. This morning was another CLEAR brunch and it was fabulous. I know I say that every single time, but it really was fabulous. If you live anywhere near me you should come. Really.
6. This afternoon I went to a wedding shower for a young friend of mine at the house she and her husband-to-be will be sharing after their nuptials. I’d like to share a few thoughts:
* The house is a charming cottage with gorgeous moldings and hardwood floors and dormers and a wonderful side/back yard. It’s the perfect starter house and the vintage charm makes me the teensiest bit jealous. But in a good way.
* Her sister/my friend (and photographer extraordinaire) staged the shower outside under these wonderful large oak (I think) trees and it looked like something out of a magazine.
* It started raining, but the wonderful large trees of some type made a great canopy.
* The great canopy only worked for so long so we all grabbed stuff and moved the party inside.
* It was a great way to spend an afternoon.