Five On Friday, September 2011, 2nd edition
1. The 2011/2012 preschool year started this past Tuesday. It’s great to hear the sound of laughing kids (which is MUCH better than the sound of crying kids) and it’s nice to have the teachers back in the building.
This is my third year of starting up the school and every time I think I’ve finally got it under control and next year is going to be smooth as silk. HA!!! I believe it has finally occurred to me that there is no smooth. You can’t enter any information until you get the paperwork from the families and that’s all there is to it. It’s nobody’s fault. There’s not a better system (that I can think of). It just is what it is.
I felt much better about things once I accepted that fact. And truth be told, this year is better than last year which was better than the year before. So I’m getting there…
2. The Homies are back!! We don’t meet in the summer so the first get together of the new school year is always a happy occasion. (Meeting at a diner doesn’t hurt the experience any, if you know what I’m sayin’. Though the coffee was mediocre at best and yet it tasted delicious to me just because I was hanging with the Homies.) I can hardly wait to get down to business next week.
3. One of my favorite people of all time has recently started a bakery business – Cake Art By Amy. The Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes have nothing on her. This chick is pretty amazing AND she’s as sweet as the sugar she bakes with! She made a special birthday cake for Todd as a surprise for him. And if that’s not enough, it’s a “diabetic” cake and it is delicious! I just love that girl.
4. In honor of Todd’s birthday I drove all over southeast Pennsylvania today gathering his presents.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond for a Phillies Phanatic Pillow Pet
- Best Buy for an Apple TV
- Target or WalMart to pick up a few other things
With all the flooding we’ve had several bridges are closed or streets are being repaired or whatever so it took me a while to get to the shopping center with all three of these stores. I started at BB&B, but they didn’t have any Phanatic Pillow Pets so I decided I’d just drive the 18 miles or so down Route 100 to the other BB&B where Katie and I had seen them. Again, it took me a while to get out of town, but traffic finally opened up and it was a gorgeous drive through rolling hills dotted with beautiful farm houses and historic buildings so I didn’t mind.
Got to BB&B and SCORE! They had the right Pillow Pets so I got that item ticked off my list. Then I ran to WalMart right there to buy my other stuff. Then I had to try to find the Best Buy there, but no such luck. Not to worry. I would just run into the Best Buy close to the church where Todd’s cake was waiting for me anyway.
Again, washed out bridges and closed streets messed me up, but I finally got there. I ran in, asked where the Apple TVs where, grabbed one (they are surprisingly small) and went to the check out lines. Guess what they had up front near the check out lines. AN ENTIRE BIN OF PHILLY PHANATIC PILLOW PETS!
5. Todd got a nice little expense check last week so he bought me a Kindle. I think I’m in love. I can just throw it in my purse and BAM! No matter where I am I have a book or twenty. So I think I’ll end this post and go read a little while…
Leave a Reply