Jewish tradition declares the number seven is perfect. So today I share seven thoughts.
1. Seven years ago today I woke up with butterflies in my belly because of what the day held for me.
2. Seven years ago today the surgical waiting room at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock was overrun with people praying for me, laughing and telling
lies exaggerated stories about me and eating my peanut M&Ms.
3. Seven years ago today I sang “I Want To Be Sedated” as the attendant and nurse wheeled me into surgery.
4. Seven years ago today a cancerous mass, my left breast and several lymph nodes were removed from my body.
5. Seven years ago today somebody stole the breast cancer awareness car magnet from my van in the hospital parking lot.
6. Seven years ago today I began an unwelcomed journey, but one in which I learned a lot along the way.
7. Seven years ago today I decided I would not be bested by something as evil as cancer.
It may not be a perfect list, but I sure do love being able to say I’ve been cancer free for seven years.
Crossposted at Mothers With Cancer