Seven Is A Perfect Number
Jewish tradition declares the number seven is perfect. So today I share seven thoughts.
1. Seven years ago today I woke up with butterflies in my belly because of what the day held for me.
2. Seven years ago today the surgical waiting room at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock was overrun with people praying for me, laughing and telling
lies exaggerated stories about me and eating my peanut M&Ms.
3. Seven years ago today I sang “I Want To Be Sedated” as the attendant and nurse wheeled me into surgery.
4. Seven years ago today a cancerous mass, my left breast and several lymph nodes were removed from my body.
5. Seven years ago today somebody stole the breast cancer awareness car magnet from my van in the hospital parking lot.
6. Seven years ago today I began an unwelcomed journey, but one in which I learned a lot along the way.
7. Seven years ago today I decided I would not be bested by something as evil as cancer.
It may not be a perfect list, but I sure do love being able to say I’ve been cancer free for seven years.
Crossposted at Mothers With Cancer
I love you sweetie!! You are my hero in so many ways!!
I might be your hero, but you’re my rock. <3
7 is a perfect number!
For both of us!!
What a great post. I love the truth and humor.
Thank you. 🙂
I can’t believe it’s been s-e-v-e-n years. Wow! Congratulations. And may you have seven more cancer free years.
May God grant Todd and you grace and the mercy to grow old together.
I love the way you wrote about that Jen. I cannot imagine what you and your family went through. Sharing your journey as you do will help so many others have the courage to do the same!